[Gllug] suse 12.1 not connect online

Diana Scott dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 22:03:04 UTC 2012

dn

The computer was able to go online until I changed a new hard disk and install this software .

It is a broadband model no E08C007

I phoned up virgin media they said it is a plug n play connection no need for passwords but they don't provide support for linux

The lights on enet , sync , power , ready are stable indicate modem functioning fine

In network manager show hardware address , speed at 10mbs , device mac address using automatic dhcp, mtu automatic .

I don't have an ip address for the browser .

Please advise .

Diana