[GLLUG] Avoid Virgin Media

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Fri Dec 21 12:54:16 UTC 2012

I have Virgin Media at home and also (through a reseller) at work.
Mostly it works just fine.  It does drop out occasionally (more at home
than at work) and they have an issue where it's impossible to turn off
their 'helpful' DNS failure page, but it's no worse in that regard than
any other service I've ever used and it's certainly far faster.

 From speaking to a guy I met at the gym who worked for Virgin Media
there's apparently still a significant difference in infrastructure and
subsequently support between areas that were formerly NTL and those that
were formerly Telewest.

Rob