[Gllug] Debian 6.04 trouble with X

Tethys . tethys at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:27:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM, john gennard <joney1930 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> There is one immediate problem which I cannot get a feel for. In
> graphic mode, I have an unstable picture, but I can't think where to start
> trying to correct it. The graphics card has a ATI Radeon HD 5450 chip -
> where is the Xorg configuration file stored? I don't think I've ever
> configured Xorg but I can;t be certain.

I don't know if it's the same problem or not, but I had exactly the
same issue with my Radeon when using kernel modesetting. Disabling KMS
gave me a back a stable image[1].

Tet

[1] This is why I get very annoyed about the proposals to drop support
for anything except KMS. I agree that architecturally it's the right
design and it's great when it works, but it's simply not ready yet.

--
"Java is a DSL for taking large XML files and converting them to stack
traces" -- Bulat Shakirzyanov
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk