[Gllug] Plusnet Fibre Broadband

Tethys . tethys at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:25:15 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Mick Farmer <mick at plan7.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> Has anyone had experience with this service?
>
> It's now available in my area and 40 Mbps sounds great!  The price is
> also good.  Are there any gotchas?

I have no idea about this particular service, but my experiences with
Plusnet in general haven't been positive. When things go wrong, their
tech support people have little clue and just say "try switching it
off and on again" or "try replacing your router, cabling and
microfilter". My parents' Plusnet connection keeps intermittently
dropping down to sub-200Kb/s speeds, but Plusnet have been less than
helpful. Everything that they can do to check the connection costs a
non-trivial amount of money. Personally, I'd be very wary of signing
up with Plusnet. YMMV.

Tet

--
"Java is a DSL for taking large XML files and converting them to stack
traces" -- Bulat Shakirzyanov
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk