[Gllug] [OT] data protection 'phone calls

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 15:23:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 03:11:14PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> I would be curious regarding a gov department calling you with number with
> held and not giving you a number to call back on.
> Which department was it?

Child Support Agency. If I were to call back I would not get the same person,
mind you would you trust a number that someone unknown gave you ?

They have got their knickers in a complete twist. My kids are entirely out of
scope now -
I have a letter saying what I owned at the time of last payment a couple of years ago,
but now they claim that I owe #10,500 - no explanation given - but threatening action;
they seem to have got some of my kids' records mixed up;
they write contradictory letters - at least one is self contradictory;
a year ago they caused probs by telling my ex to pay me for the son who lives
with me -- he had gone to Uni and so was out of scope - the letter missed
important information; ...

I could go on - they are a complete and utter disaster, they cost 40p for every
#1 raised. They attack people like me who have always paid what was rightly
asked for.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/