[Gllug] What are the best practices for Linux partitioning &

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:06:36 UTC 2012

On 07/03/2012, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
>>> Personally I have always worked on the basis of several smaller discs
>> being
>> better than one big one, thus minimising seek times.
>
> I do the same, but so's I can RAID them and get more reliability as well
> as more speed from parallel access :)

Choose no life. Choose sysadminning. Choose no career.

Choose no family. Choose a ... big computer, choose hard

disks the size of washing machines, old cars, CD ROM writers

and electrical coffee makers. Choose no sleep, high caffeine

and mental insurance. Choose fixed interest car loans. Choose

a rented shoebox. Choose no friends. Choose black jeans and

matching combat boots. Choose a swivel chair for your office

in a range of ... fabrics. Choose NNTP and wondering why

the ... you're logged on on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting

in that chair looking at mind-numbing, spirit-crushing web

sites, stuffing ... junk food into your mouth. Choose

rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last on some

miserable newsgroup, nothing more than an embarrassment to

the selfish, fucked up lusers Gates spawned to replace the

computer-literate.

Choose your future.

Choose sysadmining
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk