[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Mar 6 07:07:11 UTC 2013

On 05/03/13 23:36, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
[snip]
> I looked at the A&A email policy.
> If I subscribed to lkml, I would be charged 120pcm, as it would be
> immediately a high user!
> Does that sound right.

Yes, I think you're reading the price list correctly.  It sounds like if
you want to subscribe to lkml, then using A&A as your e-mail provider
(which is a different thing from using them as your ISP) would not be a
good choice.

OTOH, I'd talk to them about it.  The £120/month rate is clearly
intended for medium to large businesses, and it's rather an anomaly that
subscribing to just one (rather exceptional) mailing list can take you
into that usage band.  They're geeks and would probably be sympathetic.

Cheers,
John