[GLLUG] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H does not post

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Mar 15 07:04:30 UTC 2013

On 15/03/13 00:38, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
[snip]
> I got:
>
> Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
> Coolermaster Elite 430 All Black Case With Elite 500W PSU
> Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
> 32GB (4 x 8GB) Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 DIMM CL9 Black
[snip]
> Does anyone have spare PSU and/or DDR3 memory and are willing to meet
> up and try booting?

You don't need additional RAM.  Given that you have four sticks, even if
one of them is faulty it's most unlikely that all of them are.

Take two of the sticks out, and try again.  If the fault persists, put
them back and take the other two out.  Be careful to keep them installed
in pairs to suit your motherboard.

Treble-check all your connections are in the right place and the right
way around.  You have fitted *all* the power feeds to the m/b haven't
you - that's two together (which kind of clip together before you plug
them in) and one off on its own on the other side of the board.

I don't have a spare PSU I'm afraid, but you can pick up a basic one for
testing purposes for less than £20.  Obviously not what you want in the
long term, but good enough for a test.

Cheers,
John