[GLLUG] fscked usb
john.hearns at mclaren.com
Mon May 27 16:45:04 UTC 2013
> This is documented in /usr/src/Linux/drivers/usb/core/usb.c
Sorry - that is documented in in /usr/src/Linux/drivers/usb/core/hub.c
* As of 2.6.10 we introduce a new USB device initialization scheme which
* closely resembles the way Windows works. Hopefully it will be compatible
* with a wider range of devices than the old scheme. However some previously
* working devices may start giving rise to "device not accepting address"
* errors; if that happens the user can try the old scheme by adjusting the
* following module parameters.
* For maximum flexibility there are two boolean parameters to control the
* hub driver's behavior. On the first initialization attempt, if the
* "old_scheme_first" parameter is set then the old scheme will be used,
* otherwise the new scheme is used. If that fails and "use_both_schemes"
* is set, then the driver will make another attempt, using the other scheme.
Give it a whirl anyway.
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents.
If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Racing Limited.
McLaren Racing Limited | McLaren Technology Centre | Chertsey Road | Woking | Surrey | GU21 4YH | UK | Company Number: 01517478
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the GLLUG