[GLLUG] Mobile phone antenna / booster

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Sep 10 14:52:45 UTC 2013

I'd like to set up a backup internet service at home using a tethered
mobile.  There's next to no signal in the house so it sounds like a
non-starter EXCEPT I discovered today there is a place upstairs on an
exterior wall next to a window where I get (miracle!) 3 bars of
wholesome 2G.

So my idea is to put something on that external wall.  But what?  Some
sort of external antenna?  Connected to what?  Some sort of mobile
booster?  All the ones I've looked at seem excessively scammy.

Does anyone have any suggestions here?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones