[GLLUG] Bletchley Park

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Tue Jan 28 12:13:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Jan/28/2014, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:51:41PM +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
>
> > If you are keeping an eye on this - please post updates.
>
> El Reg covers it today:
>
>     http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/28/bletchley_park_sacks_elderly_volunteers/
>
> I also note a statement (yesterday) from the National Museum of Computing trustees:
>
>     http://www.tnmoc.org/news/news-releases/deciphering-discontent-statement-tnmoc-trustees
>

> I was going to send Bletchley park an email complaining, but all that they give
> is a poxy web contact form. So I phoned them (01908 640404) and told them what I
> thought: that I had been asked to organise an outing there, but that this would
> prob not now happen.
> Iain Standen, of course, was in a meeting.

Thanks for calling and complaining. I've been to Bletchley Park... I
think that 6 times(+/- 1) and seems that I'll not go again.

Your outing could go to:
http://pintant.cat/2013/11/18/the-cambridge-centre-for-computing-history/

In Cambridge, good fun! Different style, more home computers... but
good!

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	Web: http://pinux.info || Blog: http://pintant.cat