[GLLUG] Bletchley Park

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jan 28 12:15:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:47:38AM +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:51:41PM +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
>
> > If you are keeping an eye on this - please post updates.
>
> El Reg covers it today:
>
>     http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/28/bletchley_park_sacks_elderly_volunteers/
>
> I also note a statement (yesterday) from the National Museum of Computing trustees:
>
>     http://www.tnmoc.org/news/news-releases/deciphering-discontent-statement-tnmoc-trustees
>

> I was going to send Bletchley park an email complaining, but all that they give
> is a poxy web contact form. So I phoned them (01908 640404) and told them what I
> thought: that I had been asked to organise an outing there, but that this would
> prob not now happen.
> Iain Standen, of course, was in a meeting.

Gosh - I must eat my words. He phoned me back. He admitted that there was a
problem, said that he had been trying to sort it out ... but then my lack of
depth of knowledge as to what has been really happening hampered me. I did ask
him to speak to El Reg (he claimed that he had this morning) and put his side of
the story.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/