[GLLUG] RedHat spooked ?

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Fri Jun 20 10:46:30 UTC 2014

On 19/06/14 21:41, Alain Williams wrote:
> * Did Mr Biswell answer as he did because he has sufficient integrity to want to not lie ?
Possible but not proven. On a sensitive issue like this I would expect
that any reply you get will be from the company's PR team. Until you get
a written response from them it's too early to tell whether they have
anything to hide.

Because of legal restraints in the US you shouldn't exect Red Hat to
tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

On the other hand you need to consider whether it would actually be
possible for Red Hat to install back doors in their binaries without
anyone leaking the information or discovering it by comparing public
source code and supplied binaries? Conspiracy theories usually fall
apart when you consider how many people would have to keep the secret.

--
Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com