[GLLUG] Linux environment for software development

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Sep 23 20:24:25 UTC 2014

On 23/09/14 12:30, James Roberts wrote:
> On 23/09/14 00:40, Nix wrote:
>> in a throwback to Red Hat they wanted you to wipe the
>> whole thing and reinstall if you wanted to upgrade to Mint 16 when it
>> came out, 'cos they don't know how to build packages competently. Yeah,
>> right, like I'm going to do another install after*that* experience.
>
> Hah, a comment from someone who has actually tried to use Mint :)

I'm having a "me too" moment here right now.  Mint is tying me up on
knots and is having all sorts of dependency grief (it's like the early
days of "Mandrake"!!!)

The workspace development machine has just been reformatted and has been
put back to Debian, though with a Kubuntu option (that I'm writing this
in) for day-to-day use.

Now - back to work........