[GLLUG] (OT) ISP advice please

Andrew Solomon andrew at geekuni.com
Sat Feb 27 12:54:34 UTC 2016

I'm currently using ADSL and it's pretty flaky. More so over the last month
with the blame bouncing between the ISP, BT and the property owner without
any clear action for me - the renter - to take.

I'm now wondering what my options are. Should I consider cable, fibre or
resort to wireless? I don't need much bandwidth, but I'd really like a
static IP address.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. If you've been in a similar
situation and just want to vent your spleen that's ok too, just as long as
you don't use too many swear words:)

--
Andrew Solomon

Mentor at Geekuni http://geekuni.com/