[GLLUG] FTTC information?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Jul 24 12:50:28 UTC 2016

On 23/07/16 19:05, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to discover what information is supplied for a new BT domestic
> FTTC connection, but of course getting information from BT is like getting
> blood from stone.

And service, and customer support, and clue.

Honestly - why are you even contemplating buying service from BT?  Go
with a competent supplier like A&A and you can talk directly to people
with all the technical knowledge you could ask for.  Although they claim
XKCD/806 compliance, in practice one doesn't even need to go that far.
The first person you speak to will be able to converse at a deep
technical level.

Yes, if your only criterion is price then they don't seem so attractive,
but if you want a proper competent service at a reasonable price then
they have some very attractive packages available.

As long as people put up with the completely crap service provided by
the likes of BT and Talk Talk, simply because it's cheap, it will never
get any better.

John