[GLLUG] Adding a second ethernet interface

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Mon May 9 20:05:20 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 08:51:25PM +0100, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
> It is difficult to figure out where to start. It would be nice to use the
> system provided, as intended, but there appear to be too many systems.

If this is a Debian desktop/server system that is likely to have a
stable and simple configuration (and everything you've said so far
does suggest this to me) then personally I would be configuring all
its interfaces statically in /etc/network/interfaces, at which point
NetworkManager is out of the picture.

Cheers,
Andy

> The optimum programming team size is 1.
Has Jurassic Park taught us nothing?         — pfilandr