[GLLUG] ISP - How slow is usefull?

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Tue Apr 11 13:50:36 UTC 2017

Alain Williams via GLLUG <gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 12:41:32PM +0100, Greater London Linux UUG wrote:
>
>> Various resell BT infra and actually care about customers. We use Entanet.
>
> I use Entanet - happy with them; I moved several years ago because they were, at
> the time, one of the few ISPs that supported IPv6.
>
> The will bundle other services like telephone; and give a saving.
>
> You can't get a contract directly with Entanet, you have to go through a reseller.
>
> The reseller that I chose was Jason Clifford - who seems to have almost vanished
> off the face of the planet. For support purposes it does not matter; but I would
> like to add phone to my bundle. Entanet won't let me jump to another reseller so
> I might need to jump ship completely - shame.

If you're mostly trying to flee BT, you could just switch the phone bit
to The Phone Co-op:  http://thephone.coop/

It's still Openreach (BT) that's responsible for the copper, but at
least you don't have to talk to them about it any more.  It's marginally
cheaper than getting it direct from BT as well IIRC.

Cheers, Phil.