[GLLUG] ISP - How slow is usefull?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Tue Apr 11 17:02:13 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 11 Apr 2017 12:54:07 Alain Williams via GLLUG wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 12:41:32PM +0100, Greater London Linux UUG wrote:
> > Various resell BT infra and actually care about customers. We use Entanet.
>
> I use Entanet - happy with them; I moved several years ago because they
> were, at the time, one of the few ISPs that supported IPv6.
>
> The will bundle other services like telephone; and give a saving.
>
> You can't get a contract directly with Entanet, you have to go through a
> reseller.
>
> The reseller that I chose was Jason Clifford - who seems to have almost
> vanished off the face of the planet. For support purposes it does not
> matter; but I would like to add phone to my bundle. Entanet won't let me
> jump to another reseller so I might need to jump ship completely - shame.

I had a lack of correspondence from Jason, but was offered Plusnet FTTC cheaper
than what I was paying for plain broadband, and told that they were starting
to roll out IPv6. My website now runs from home, which is fine because it is
generally html text only, but still no sign of IPv6.

--
Chris Bell
website chrisbell.org.uk