[GLLUG] Charity WiFi, a bit off topic

Chris Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Apr 19 23:30:20 UTC 2018

As far as I recall, it's recommended that you have a wired, telephone line powered phone available, so that you can make emergency services calls even in the event of power failure. Cheers Chris
-------- Original message --------From: stuart taylor via GLLUG <gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> Date: 18/04/2018  00:23  (GMT-08:00) To: gllug <gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> Subject: Re: [GLLUG] Charity WiFi, a bit off topic
hi,

i have a query about an emergency phone in the room. one of the trustees has objected to having this.

> Sent: Monday, March 26, 2018 at 9:14 PM
> From: "James Courtier-Dutton" <james.dutton at gmail.com>

[stuff deleted]

> Also, there are some legal requirements around phones, so you might
> need a phone in the room and patching phones through the network
> cabling is easy.
> I think the legal requirement is that in case of emergency, there must
> be a working phone nearby to call 999.

does anyone know if it is a legal requirement, health and safety standard, or what? and is there any documentation i can refer to.

stuart