[GLLUG] November Meetup?

Cheeseness cheese at cheesetalks.net
Wed Oct 31 14:35:39 UTC 2018

Hi!

My name is Cheese and I'm a Linux based game developer/Linux porter
from Australia. I am travelling to London on the 6th and will be around
for a week or so.

I enjoy discovering new LUGs/communities, and would love to have the
opportunity to get to know my fellow Linux users on the other side of
the world. I don't know how frequently you meet, or whether you have
talks at meetings, but if that's something of interest, I would be
happy to give a talk on my experiences with making games on/porting
games to Linux.

In my game related career, I have:
* Worked on existing F/OSS games like Neverball[1]
* Released my own games as F/OSS FLAT[2]
* Contracted on proprietary games like Hand of Fate 2[3] and The Away
Team[4]
* Ported classic games like Day of the Tentacle Remastered[5] and Full
Throttle Remastered[6] to Linux

Currently I am focused on developing my own text adventure/first person
 hybrid game called In the Snowy Winter's Wake[7], and an engine for
creating similar experiences[8].

So far as my talk history goes, in addition to running and regularly
speaking at my local LUG[9] since 2008, I've also given talks at the
Ottawa Canada LUG[10][11], have spoken at linux.conf.au[12].

Apologies for the short notice. I had planned to try to reach out
sooner, but 2018 has been a very full year for me.

Cheese

[1] http://neverball.org
[2] http://flat.jbushproductions.com/
[3] https://store.steampowered.com/app/456670/Hand_of_Fate_2/