[Gloucs] Modem again

Jason Watts gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 30 15:39:00 2002

Thanks for your help Glyn, but still no joy.

I decided to see what the terminal gave me when using the internal modem =
that=20
works but at a slow speed. I launched kppp as root and this is what I got=
=2E

[root@localhost jason]# kppp
Opener: received SetSecret
Opener: received SetSecret
Opener: received OpenLock

Opener: received OpenDevice
Opener: received ExecPPPDaemon
In parent: pppd pid 1777
Opener: received OpenResolv
Opener: received OpenResolv
Opener: received OpenResolv
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Kernel supports ppp alright.
Opener: received RemoveSecret
Opener: received RemoveSecret

I am connected at a slow speed but I still get the "Couldn't find interfa=
ce=20
ppp0: No such device" bit. The same as using the external modem. Next I=20
launched kppp as root using the external modem and noticed something whic=
h=20
might be significant.

[root@localhost jason]# kppp
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
DCOPServer up and running.

The rest of the error is the same as my previous post. Does that mean any=
thing=20
to you?

Many thanks Jason