[Gloucs] Joystick support

John Spray gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 11 12:22:00 2002

On Wednesday 11 Sep 2002 11:54 am, Paul Robertson spewed forth thus:
> Anyone using a joystick with Linux?
> Anyone using a USB joystick?
> Any tips or recommendions regarding choice of
> device and/or driver would be greatly appreciated.
I'm using a usb Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D.  That's the kind of name
you get when you throw too many marketers at the problem :-)

Worked out the box with redhat.  The usb is via a dongle, so you can also use
it in a standard game port.

I highly recommend this stick - it's good value for money, or at least it was
when I bought it.  They changed the appearance slightly since the early
versions, making it uglier in my opinion.  Still, a good stick: twisty
handle, throttle, hat, 7 buttons.  Southpaw-incompatible, though.

--
John Spray
(john@spray.screaming.net)