[Gloucs] Joystick support

Will Roe gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 13 19:31:01 2002

--5QAgd0e35j3NYeGe

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:54:30AM +0100 or thereabouts, Paul Robertson wro=
te:
> Anyone using a joystick with Linux?

Nope

> Anyone using a USB joystick?

Nope

> Any tips or recommendions regarding choice of
> device and/or driver would be greatly appreciated.

I've not seen many problems on mailing lists etc so I assume its simply
a matter of compiling the relevant modules and binding the
buttons/fiddely bits in each app/game. The main thing is that it is USB
which should simplify most of the setup but a few games might not
realise the existance of a USB joystick - tho I doubt it.

That wasn't an answer, its just that I work at an IT support company and
I'm used to blagging some crap about reinstalling windows ;) then
lighting candles, wearing robes etc.

This is one of those little things where Linux users can smile smugly at the
winblows users trying to locate the 'joystick port' on the back of their
'computer' ;)

Good luck, and have fun,

Will