[Gloucs] ISDN

Tim Ballam gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 20 15:48:01 2002

You may find this link of some help

http://www1.rocklinux.org/archive/ISDN_on_ROCK_Linux

Tim Ballam

Technical Engineer

CPC Computers

M:	tim.ballam@cpccomputers.co.uk
T:	+44 1452 553344
F:	+44 1452 553345

-----Original Message-----
From: jinxy@firenet.uk.com [mailto:jinxy@firenet.uk.com]
Sent: 20 September 2002 15:40
To: gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [Gloucs] ISDN

Anyone using ISDN out there? I've been using isdnctrl to dail one of my ISPs
but now they are stopping their sevice so I thought I'd just switch it to my
other one. I've never really figured out where isdnctrl
gets its user name and password from but I assumed chap-secrets, pap-secrets
so I've changed the info in them and it's still not authorising. This is
with ippp* and not the faked modem ttyI* which I get NO CARRIER
on even though I've use &E to set the MSN and ISDN4Linux FAQ has no other
info about NO CARRIER, so in a word, help! :)

Oh and KMail says "relay to <email@addy.com> forbidden by sys admin", or
words to that effect, I'm using SMTP so is this sys admin root or someone
else? :)

TIA.