[Gloucs] [ot] sourceforge website

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 21:07:00 2003

Hi Barrie,

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 20:40, bjh wrote:
> Looks good in Internet Explorer 6 - very fast download -

Good, that's the two main things I was worried about. Anyone using 5.5?

> suggest you look at is the size of the two graphics on the right hand size
> of the page at  http://lx-viewer.sourceforge.net/versions.php#new could be
> reduced in size - being viewed on the large size - reduce them to increase
> load speed - in fact comment is true on all pages with the graphics...

Yep, they were 17k and 20k I think, now they're 9k and 11k and they
don't look much different but it should load faster.

Some of the graphics are done with div background colour values and so
aren't really graphics, other stuff is images applied to css
background-image values and so should load last (eg after all the text
has appeared and the page is laid out correctly by the browser)? That's
the theory anyhow.

By the way, parts of it are a tounge in cheek micky take of
http://www.autodesk.co.uk/adsk/section/0,,1075861-452932,00.html
a much more expensive programs website (in case you're wondering).

> Not too sure if the maroon text lines on page
> http://lx-viewer.sourceforge.net/targets.php are supposed to be links - if
> so, links not working...

No it's missing a key that is on another page... that should be fixed
now too. (done)

> Have you run link and spell checker???

Can you suggest a good open source link checker? If not I'll google,
it's no problem.

Spell checker I haven't but I should do, It's just that quanta
annoyingly picks up all the html tags in its spell checking. Anyone know
of a good html aware spell checker?

> Apart from above - looks great all round - well done!

Cheers for the help Barrie (+Mick +Jilly for previous bug spotting)

Guy