[Gloucs] [ot] sourceforge website

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 23:26:01 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 21:33, bjh wrote:
> Dreamweaver and Terrapin FTP would solve all your site build issues detailed
> below, Dreamweaver also auto generates a Netscape browser fix as well at the
> touch of a button and has an auto cleanup facility for the html...

The Netscape 4.7 issues I use the following code for

<head>
<title>something</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
<?php // put all Netscape Nav unsafe formatting in here ?>
@import url(unsafe.css);
--></style>
</head>

Because NN4.7 has a bug which stops it loading stylesheets with @import,
it only loads the CSS file specified in the <link> tag.

So I separate anything that might give NN4.7 a problem (complicated
positioning etc) into a css file called unsafe.css, leaving colours etc
in the normal stylesheet.

If you're using Linux you won't have to worry about Terrapin FTP
anymore. Linux has numerous FTP clients, I use GFTP. I've used Terrapin
before and I prefer GFTP, you'll find it easy to use and much more
stable.

> This is the main reason I got quite excited the other day when the question
> of using win4 lin came up!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a point...

Did we sort anything out in the end or is it still to be arranged
(Mick?) if it's still to be done I'll sort it out and we can have a
raffle or something for the free copy. Or is it underway?

Sean, were you sorting out SUSE sponsorship did you say at one stage?

Guy