[Gloucs] [ot] sourceforge website

bjh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 00:18:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Edwards" <guy_j_edwards@hotpop.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Gloucs] [ot] sourceforge website

> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 21:33, bjh wrote:
> > Dreamweaver and Terrapin FTP would solve all your site build issues
detailed
> > below, Dreamweaver also auto generates a Netscape browser fix as well at
the
> > touch of a button and has an auto cleanup facility for the html...
>
> The Netscape 4.7 issues I use the following code for

> <head>
> <title>something</title>
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
> <?php // put all Netscape Nav unsafe formatting in here ?>
> @import url(unsafe.css);
> --></style>
> </head>
>
> Because NN4.7 has a bug which stops it loading stylesheets with @import,
> it only loads the CSS file specified in the <link> tag.
>
> So I separate anything that might give NN4.7 a problem (complicated
> positioning etc) into a css file called unsafe.css, leaving colours etc
> in the normal stylesheet.

*** <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_reloadPage(init) {  //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
  if (init==true) with (navigator) {if
((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
    document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight;
onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
  else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH)
location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
//-->
</script>

> If you're using Linux you won't have to worry about Terrapin FTP
> anymore. Linux has numerous FTP clients, I use GFTP. I've used Terrapin
> before and I prefer GFTP, you'll find it easy to use and much more
> stable.

*** Have used Terrapin for years and always had total stability - also has
the advantage of the inbuilt Link Checker which saves time switching to a
separate link checking programme - it really depends on how many sites you
need to build, and with the number I build I need stable speedy programmes
so I can concentrate my efforts on the crucial text planning and execution.