[Gloucs] ADSL (at last)

gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 18 22:15:00 2003

This is great fun. I bought the Solwise 110 router which is fine if you
don't want to many IP sessions. They all seem to lockup from time to time
aswell no matter what firmware etc. If you want to use p2p or refresh that
CS server list I'd have to recommend a PCI card or USB modem. All the
"cheap" router will have the same problem so in your case I'd say go with
the PCI card.

I was just about to ask if anyone uses a PCI ADSL card as I'm going to get
one so I can lose this router. Solwise do one and www.adslguide.org.uk (?)
says it works with Linux, anyone use it or another?

As for connections normally Modem = USB, Router = ethernet.