[Gloucs] ADSL (at last)

gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 19 14:20:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Addison" <dave@redmoor.org.uk>
To: <gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Gloucs] ADSL (at last)

You could do worse than a Draytek. The Vigor 2600 I bought plugged
straight into a wires only ADSL service from Demon and came up no
problems. It also supports automatic updates of dynamic DNS services (if
you get the right model) and has loads of other goodies like VPN support
to play with. Dynamic DNS + VPN = secure access from anywhere
--
Dave Addison

Do you use eDonkey network or overnet and can you still use web ect if you
do?

I have looked at lots of routers and finding out how many conections they
can handle is not easy. I liked the look of the Vigor as it looks quite
powerful.