[Gloucs] More NEC stuff

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:20:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 08:27, Mark wrote:
[snip]
> Maddog's talk was brilliant, and as such I will be porting a number of
> projects onto single image beowulf systems in the future.

what did he talk about?

[snip]
> Had a supreme success of Annoying the OpenBSD person (don't think he was
> fond of me..) something to do with not disclosing vulnerabilities in an
> Open OS.

Something like:
"I thought OpenBSD was dead?"
will achieve the desired result of antagonism with less effort :-)

> The only down sides to the day were that coffee wasnt cheap and that
> some of the people on various stands could have done with not being
> salesmen so much as engineers or "techies". It was also a shame that not
> all of the representatives of the Free software foundation and other
> sections around the .org village were coherent. Some of them however
> were extremely positive.

At the last one we gave some marketing guy a hard time as he wouldn't
show the html code sent to the browser for his companies web application
they were marketing. (we can't possibly show you the code!) That show
was a linux/web event combined though.

speaking of which, did Microsoft do their "we're gonna turn up at all
the Linux shows" trick again?

Guy