[Gloucs] Meeting Tuesday evening - topics anyone?

Francis Barton fbarton at fish.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 23:25:06 BST 2004

As dutiful visitors to our website www.gloucs.lug.org.uk will be aware, our
next meeting is now less than 48 hours away.

Details: Tuesday 27th April 7pm Gloscat, Princess Elizabeth Way, Cheltenham.
Car park to rear. Just ask at reception as you walk in to receive directions to
the room. Wheelchair access, toilets, food at restaurant/bar/café areas etc.

Multimap link:
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?
client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=GL517SJ&quic
ksearch=gl51+7sj&cidr_client=none

Hope to see lots of members new and old there.

*** Any ideas for topics anyone - things you could talk about or things you
want help with or to discuss/learn about? ***

Anyone needing h/w help or CDs should post their requests to the list asap so
that people can sort out bringing the necessary kit to help you out.

I would like us to have a short discussion on holding another Linux
[install|demo] day where we try to hit the general public with lots of show-off
bits of Linux stuff and help people go from Windows to dual-boot or whatever.

Some LUGs are talking about a day on October to work towards. I would like to
thrash out what our aims and possiblities for such a day could be. Target
audience... Publicity tactics... What would be of interest to not-yet Linux
users?

Cheers all,

Francis.