[Gloucs] 2.6

Francis Barton fbarton at fish.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 23:56:08 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 09:08, Simon Porter wrote:
> Francis Barton wrote:
>
> >Have you sorted out your USB mouse? If so can you let us know what you
> >did to get it working please?
>
> It was just a matter of making sure the correct modules are loaded. In
> this case mousedev, and psmouse if I remember correctly.

Thanks Simon. I knew I needed mousedev - this hadn't changed since 2.4 -
but under make menuconfig which I use mousedev was not selectable (like
this: --- instead of < > )

Maybe there was an option I had somewhere which did not allow me to
modularise mousedev - instead it was compiled in the kernel image.

Anyway, somewhere on the web I found out that it's a good idea to update
modprobe.conf to say "usb-controller uhci-hcd" instead of
"usb-controller usb-uhci" - this fix solved the problem for me.

I am now trying to get udev working instead of devfs - great fun (not)!
Anyone else out there having fun with udev?

Francis