[Gloucs] Hello

David Greenaway david.greenaway at dsl.pipex.com
Thu May 13 06:23:59 BST 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 22:55, Tom Walker wrote:

> Welcome Dominic,
> I feel a desktop without issues is something that always seems simple in
> theory to attain and somehow constantly illusive.
> This month I have been trying out Libranet and Mandrake Move. I would
> have tried out Knoppix 3.4 but the ISO would not burn properly for some
> reason. I only mention just in case anyone else had the same problem.
> ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso

Downloaded and burnt KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-10-EN.iso a couple of days ago with
nothing more exotic than

cdrecord -dev=0,0,0 -overburn  KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-10-EN.iso

that worked fine. I did use an "80 min" disk.

BTW someone was asking about a few weeks ago about committing knoppix to hard
disk. I tried knoppix-installer, it doesn't give many options, and it comes
with lots of warnings, but it seems (after a very quick look) to do what it
says.

Daivd