[Gloucs] Pounds and Locales (was Green light..)

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Sat Feb 5 19:24:01 GMT 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Thomas Adam wrote:

> > Your pound sign looked ok to me with mutt on my xterm - so I suppose
> > you typed it and mailed it correctly, yet had trouble displaying it.
>
> Yes, your powers of deduction are amazing.  Remember that xterm supports
> UTF8 anyway, so it is bound to display.

That is good to know - as Latin2 characters such as é in resumé are
typically garbled in the subject lists of mutt in my xterms, but
normally appear when the message is displayed.

> > LANG=en_US LC_COLLATE=POSIX TERM=xterm
>
> The output from the 'locales' command is much more pertinent.  :)

For what it is worth -
david1 at swanage:~> locale
LANG=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
LC_TIME="en_US"
LC_COLLATE=POSIX
LC_MONETARY="en_US"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
LC_PAPER="en_US"
LC_NAME="en_US"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
LC_ALL=

You are right - with a little more knowledge it is clear that my
comment doesn't help the OP.

Best regards, David