[Gloucs] hello

Steve Greig steve at stevespages.org.uk
Sun Oct 22 10:57:54 BST 2006

I thought I would keep this thread going as I do think it would be good
to do something on the lines we discussed. I am not too keen to go ahead
and be the main organizer but would like to help if it is happening.

It might be that there are good reasons to question whether it is
advisable for 'average users' to use Linux without continuous access to
technical support. I feel that ought not to be the case but
realistically may be it is. In fact I feel the same is true (although
perhaps less so) for Windows but it hasn't stopped microsoft.

 It  may also be a bad idea for the LUG to become the provider of that
support (ie. too much of a commitment). Helping to install and start
with Linux is clearly a lot less of an undertaking than providing a
continuing service but maybe the former is not worthwhile without the
latter?

Best wishes Steve