[Gloucs] August Meeting

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Aug 20 17:27:47 BST 2007

Hi Keith,

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 04:27:42PM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:30:03 +0100, glynd at walmore.com said:
>
> > The next GlosLUG meeting will be on Tuesday August 21st at Message Labs,
> > Gloucester.
>
> That's a shame: I wanted to come along but I something else on.
>
> One thing the Hants LUG do - which is very well received by the group - is
> to video the talks and make them available after. Has anyone considered
> doing that here? I don't know the full details of exactly how they do it,
> but I can find out if someone wants to know.

We used to tape using my 4x3 Sony DV handycam. Now Tony uses a 16:9 DV cam
so we are nearing the 21st century with widescreen, maybe we will go HDTV in
a few year ;)

Then the videos are processed as per Tonys guide:-

http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/cgi-local/wiki.pl?UsefulNotes/LugTalkVideos

This covers pretty much everything.

Cheers,
Al.