[Gloucs] Skype or similar animals.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 29 19:04:51 GMT 2007

Hi Chris.

Thank you for the info.

You mentioned the Linksys phones,  to I went to the Linksys web-site,
and they listed PC-world as
suppliers.  So off I went to the local PC-world and bought a Linksys
Model CIT200  "cordless internet telephony kit".

Luckily, it was not too expensive,  so I write it off to experimentatation !

They included a Microsoft set-up disc !   (which I can use as a beer-mat).

My next task is to study how I can get it to use VoIP  (either Skype or
any other LINUX-more-friendly  versions
on my Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 "Etch" system.

I will have a look at sipgate.

So far,  so bad,  as a pessimist might say !

Encouraged by your success, I shal persevere !

Best regards to all,

Geoff.