[Gloucs] Recommendations for domain registrar

Maximillian Murphy m at de-minimis.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 00:25:56 BST 2008

Dear Nick,

I use vidahost.com, a small company based down in Bath.  Good service; well, I've been with them long enough to have had a couple of little hiccups but there's always a guy who responds to my e-mail quite quickly.  I like working with real human.  I have hosting as well as domains though so I don't know  what their domain-names only service is like.

I have a couple or registrations with European companies.  I like testing the economic reality of Europe without internal borders.  Answer: some firms are fine, some can't cope with UK banks (and having an account with HSBC who call themselves the world's local bank doesn't help, when it should!) and one multinational forwarded my order that I submitted to their Austrian site to their UK branch which tried charging me twice the Austrian rate.  It's interesting, but for anything important I stick with Vidahost.

Regards, Max