[Gloucs] Re: VOIP *and* BT with Linksys SPA3102

Russ Hay russellh at ysmail.net
Wed Jan 9 12:22:51 GMT 2008

Hi Andy,

maybe I'm being an newb to this but I'm intrigued - the outbound PSTN
calls will still have to break out of the network *somewhere* - so you
will still have call charges unless you're on a VOIP to VOIP call. So
where is the cost saving?

I've often though that if there are savings to be made on outbound
calls, I could move my better half's office to an Asterisk box instead
of their current Panasonic PBX.. but struggled to find any evidence to
show that there could be savings on outbound PSTN calls.

Maybe you could explain how you make the savings on your SPA?

Russ.