[Gloucs] Directions to meeting, busses and maps (was Re: Introduction

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Fri Oct 17 15:23:35 UTC 2008

On 15/10/2008, Osymandias <nicholas.clarke at gmail.com> wrote:
> self-employed, working on biodiversity data systems. Not sure how many
> meetings I'll make it to - depends on what the buses are like to
> Gloucester - though if you run the linux installation day again in the

The Stagecoach number 10 bus serves Gloucester Business Park in
Brockworth, where we have our meetings at MessageLabs' offices. Bus 10
runs a circular service from both Gloucester and Cheltenham town
centres. It runs every 10 minutes during the day, then drops to every
half hour after 7pm, hourly after midnight.

The number 10 bus has stops both ways on Hucclecote Road officially
designated as "Gloucester Business Park". From there, walk south along
Delta Way past Tescos to the waterfall at the roundabout off Valiant
Way. Then walk west to Lansdowne Court, there should be signposts
saying "Business Offices", "Lansdowne Court" and, as you get closer,
MessageLabs. Total walking distance from bus stop approx. 1km / 0.6
miles.

Bus 10 timetable:
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/10GloucesterDL.pdf

Annotated map of MessageLabs' offices:
http://www.messagelabs.co.uk/files/all/gloucester_map_5.pdf

Nearest postcode: GL3 4AB

GPS coordinates of MessageLabs' front door: 51.84815,-2.17900
GPS coordinates of car park: 51.84785,-2.17760

Google map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.84815%2C-2.179
Google directions from bus stop: http://tinyurl.com/6zh2xa

Next meeting Tue 21 Oct, free wifi/coffee/chat from 6pm, talks start 7pm.

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com