[Gloucs] Remote control

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Mon Aug 24 07:19:33 UTC 2009

Hello Paul,

Firstly thank you for your kind comments about my talk:-)

Two options that might work. If the XP box is XP pro then you can use
remote desktop (enable it via control panel -> system -> remote tab). If
not then VNC.

Remote desktop gives better performance but VNC can work on XP home.
However what ever you decide, being over the Internet, before you do
anything like that it is best to set up some sort of encrypted secure
tunnel/VPN on the ADSL routers (unless you have a Linux box at the other
end - in which case you can use ssh). This tunnel may be the tricky bit
depending upon the hardware involved.

Hope this helps.

Tony.