[Gloucs] Talk(s) required for October 20th meeting

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Mon Oct 12 21:42:02 UTC 2009

David Leadbeater wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking it might be interesting to do something like this site:
> http://usesthis.com but in a more talk like format.
>
> I think it could work with either a few people doing short talks or
> someone doing something a bit more detailed.. (if no-one else is
> interested I'm up for doing a talk on a few things I use -- wmii among
> other things).
>
> David

Hi David,

That looks good. So, we could re-title the evening 'weusethis' and
topics can cover websites to hardware, to OSes.

Your talk on wmii would be good to (if not already covered by weusethis).

So, time to set some homework. Can everyone have a think about something
you use (either website, OD, hardware, etc) that you will be prepared to
talk about/demo for a few minutes. No need for presentations (unless you
want to).

Can someone who has successfully used the projector at ML guarantee they
will be attending and be willing to provide a laptop for others so show
off websites, etc. Just trying to minimise the amount of downtime due to
laptop churn. If however, you must have your own machine for your talk,
bring it along.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies