[Gloucs] Introductions

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 10:08:13 UTC 2010

Simon Cozens wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	Just thought I'd write and introduce myself, since I've just joined the
> list. My name's Simon and I've been using Linux since about 1998. I was
> a sysadmin for a couple of years mainly dealing with Debian systems and
> went into programming full-time. I program Perl, and have written a ton
> of Perl modules and applications. I'm now a Masters student at Redcliffe
> College in Gloucester, although I still do a bit of Perl hacking from
> time to time: current projects are an email search engine, an open
> source library catalogue, and a control panel for ISPs.
>
> 	Is there a meeting planned at the moment? The web site claims not to
> know of any.
>
> Simon

Hi Simon

Nice to hear from you.  I thought you were off in Japan.  Meetings do
seem to get organized at the last minute and I am thinking of taking
some low power embedded Linux systems (Alix and SheevaPlug) to the next
meeting.  Last meeting David Leadbeater (of MessageLabs and Birmingham
Perl Mongers) talked about system tap.

The email search engine and open source library catalogue sound
interesting - are they written in Perl?

Regards
Andrew Ford