[Gloucs] Another newbie lurking

Bob Henson robert.h.henson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 09:49:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:41:51 +0100
Matthew Phillips <phillips321 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Glad linux rescued the laptop for going into the bin.
>
> There are plenty of free programs you can install ontop of linux.
>
> I haven't played with mint but in ubuntu it's as easy as going into
> the ubuntu software centre and clicking what you want.
>
> Let us know if you get stuck and hopefully we'll see you at the next
> meet.

Thanks for replying, Matt. Sure enough, Gmail didn't copy my message
back, so it was good to know it got there. I'll try and make the next
meeting to say hello to everyone.

Yes, it's amazing how much software there is to choose from - and how
good it is. One of the things that most impressed me was the repository
system - it makes updating and installing new software a piece of cake.

Regards,

Bob