[Gloucs] The Command line on the internet.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 5 19:33:24 UTC 2012

Dear Keith.

Many thanks for reply.

I currently use what I think is called "web mail".  The messages remain on the yahoo mail server.  The advantage is that any of the five computers in the family can read the
mail where it sits.  I do not use a separate mail client (such as IceDove)  for fear of getting the downloaded mail spit up between numerous separate  client computers.

Am I to understand that ClawsMail is a client that downloads messages to the host on which it is installed,  leaving  them  inaccessible to the others ?

Any one of the several family machines can be shutdown without losing messages or
a rather complicated list of "contacts"  or address book.

I guess that  POP  might be the penalty of getting rid of spam and adverts !

Cheers,  and thankyou.

Geoff