[HLUG] MIDI?????

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Fri Aug 26 12:11:06 BST 2005

Breakthrough came last night when I finally managed to get the
Rosegarden midi/audio sequencer playing midi music AND recording piano
events :) :) :) . Seems that it needed to be driven from the PC's system
clock/timer, as there was nothing else to move it along - only one note
would play when the sequencer was started, despite the cursor moving
through the song.

Having found the correct modules and sound fonts to pre load, it's all
slowly getting closer to working at switch-on.

Unfortunately my SB Live sounds a bit distorted and scratchy when
playing internal midi music, using the default sound font: have yet to
discover why.

It remains to be seen whether I can record & reproduce audio in the same
program. Perseverance furthers!

Matt Rhys-Roberts