[HLUG] MIDI?????

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 26 12:35:47 BST 2005

Matt Rhys-Roberts wrote:

> Unfortunately my SB Live sounds a bit distorted and scratchy when
> playing internal midi music, using the default sound font: have yet to
> discover why.

Check that you have the right volume slider at the right level - i know
itr sounds obvious but some of these sound cards have lots and lots of
vol levels, some for OSS and some for ALSA. ALSA is your best bet - OSS
was the older sound mechanism.

If you're using Ubuntu, double click the vol control next to the date.
then you'll see the vol levels. Check taht you're using the alsa one,
and check all of them.

> It remains to be seen whether I can record & reproduce audio in the same
> program. Perseverance furthers!
>
> Matt Rhys-Roberts

Julian