[HLUG] Quiet progress

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Tue Dec 13 13:41:31 GMT 2005

Yes the list has been a bit quiet lately. Here's a confessional of what
I'm up to:

Still wrestling with getting a mySQL database into an acceptable state
for DotProject to use...
- Got root password reset
- Webmin tells me mysqld is running
- am in confusion with mySQL post-install instructions and DotProject
installation instructions
(meanwhile I'm using pen and paper to organise my projects :-[  )

Rediscovering Csound, a script-driven audio composition system...
- Getting outputs from demo input files, hooray
- Need to re-learn the script language from scratch
- Would like to find some GUI tools to let me graphically generate
synthesiser and score scripts
- About to look at Super Collider instead / as well

Audio in general...
- Rosegarden audio/midi editor is working, have made a few short demo
tracks with it
- ZynAddSubFX synth plugin for Rosegarden going strong
- MIDI keyboard input to PC all figured out
- Hoping to get into coding for the EMU10k1 DSP chip on the Creative
SBLive soundcard
- Excited about using AMS (ALSA Modular Synth) as a sound generator
- Audacity used for multitrack composition, editing and FX

I am extremely keen to speak to anyone out there who is also interested
in original audio works, as either a co-worker or to commission me to
write something.

Best wishes,

Matt Rhys-Roberts
Leominster