[Herefordshire] VectorLinux Finally installed !!

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 20 23:35:52 GMT 2005

Hi

Good meeting again, nice to see so many there on such a horrible night.

Just to let any know - we managed to finally get the Vector Linux
install completed at precisely 9.30pm !!

What rather confused us was the fact that we had one problematic cdrom
drive and both had problems with using DMA  on the CDrom. Thsi gave soem
rather cryptic error messages regarding getting the installable files
off the cdrom drive. All we had to do to get it working was to add a
ide=nodma at the boot prompt!

Mind you, it take us about 1.5 hours to figure that out ;-)

Thanks to all for help and advice. Keith Roberts now has one Linux box,
only another 5 to go !!

Cheers